Parties benefiting from service
Merchants (individual and corporate establishments); charities and NGOs
Where to apply
Ministry of Industry, Trade and Supplies/ The Central Trade & Industrial Registration Directorate/ Trade Registration Section/ industry and trade departments in all governorates
- The applicant should appear in person or send a proxy with a general or special power of attorney, whose original copy should be presented.
- Partners should be present if the trade name is owned by a company, unless they are represented by a proxy via a letter of attorney or general or special power of attorney, whose original copy should be presented.
- A quietus should be presented in case the purposes of company include import/export or in case it was a bakery.
- The official ID card or passport of the applicant
- In case the concerned person is not present, their representative should present a general or special power of attorney.
- In case the company in question is under liquidation, the liquidator should appear in person and present the liquidation document duly stamped by the Companies Controller Directorate.
- The applicant takes a number from the machine (category A).
- The form concerning modification of data in the commercial agents and intermediaries’ register is electronically filled by the trade registration clerk.
- Fees are paid to ministry’s treasurer and the receipt is presented to the trade registration clerk.
- The trade registration clerk double-checks and signs the certificate and presents it to the applicant.
|Partners in service delivery and their roles
- The ministry’s Trade Directorate
- The ministry’s Reserves Directorate
- JD0.200 for stamps
- In case there is a proxy, JD5 is charged for the general power of attorney and JD2 for the special power of attorney.
- JD27 is charged in case a lawyer is the representative via a letter of attorney.
5-10 minutes for the entire process (starting the submission of the application)