Foreign Trade Policy Directorate
About the directorate
The Foreign Trade Policy Department deals with international multilateral economic and trade agreements (World Trade Organization), as well as bilateral trade agreements between Jordan and other countries; negotiating the agreements, preparing draft agreements and supervising their implementation and conducting required studies to evaluate their impact as well as amending agreements to enhance and develop the Jordanian economy.
The Foreign Trade Policy Department is the focal point for the World Trade Organization in Jordan, functions as a Jordanian Notification Point of the various agreements of the Organization (with the exception of notifications related to sanitary and phytosanitary measures) and the Jordanian Inquiry Point for trade of services and trade agreements concluded with its trading partners. Also, the department ensures that Jordan complies with all its commitments towards the World Trade Organization and Jordan's regional and bilateral agreements. It fulfills its duties through close cooperation and coordination with other governmental as well as Jordanian private sector institutions.
The department is considered Jordan's Focal Point for the Social and Economic Council of the Arab League .The department deals closely with Jordan's economic counselors' offices worldwide in order to follow up on international and bilateral relations of Jordan with its trading partners. The Ministry of Industry, trade and Supply has economic counselors within the Jordanian permanent missions/ embassies in the following countries: Switzerland/Geneva, Egypt/Cairo, United States of America/Washington D.C.
- Economic and Trade Agreements list
- Arab Countries
- Click here( 214.36 KB،Type PDF ) to View or Download Non - Arab Countries
- Impact of Trade Liberalization on Jordanian Manufacturing and Services Performance
- Impact of Trade Liberalization on Agricultural Sector in Jordan
- Jordan - United States Free Trade Agreement Economic Impact Study :
- Searching for Effects of the FTA on Export, Imports and Trade Related Investments
- Assessment of Trade in Services of The Hashimate Kingdom of Jordan
- Study on the components and spare parts industrya and motor vehicles assembly
- Studies opportunities in the textile-apparel sector in the member countries of the Arab-Mediterranean Free Trade Agreement (Egypt, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia)
- Study regarding the opportunities Complementarities and Industrial Integration in the Leather and shoes sector in the member countries of the Agadir agreement (Egypt, Jordan, Morocco and Tunisia)